Friday 5 January 2007


Thought I would jolly the blog spot with a list of birds I've just seen. Took Badger for a run along the canal. She had a swim but ll didn't. Crow, rooks, flock of goldfinches, house sparrow, pigeon, blackbirds, magpie (squawking), heron, Canada geese (chased by Badger), Mallards (also chased by Badger) and various and many mallard crossed with farmyard ducks. These were the most interesting of all. Some have really fluffy heads.

The Musician got engaged on New Year's Eve!

4 comments:

Tortoiseshell said...

Done it. I wonder what maalie will make of the farmyard ducks?

I added "ornamental waterfowl" to the list. It's a handy one to know. Maalie always uses it when he can't tell the species of strange looking ducks.

lorenzothellama said...

Ah, very useful. Actually he has seen some of the strange cross-breeds, as I pointed them out when we were looking for the Mandarin in eclipse. Some I think are cross bred with Canada Geese, as they are so enormous, but He Who Knows Best assured me this is a biological impossibility.

Maalie said...

Well, if you´re really into birds, today I have seen Egyptian Vulture, Buzzard, Crested Tit, Dipper, Grey Wagtail, White Wagtail, Cattle Egret, Tree Sparrow and Yellow-legged Gull, to name but a few. I´m commenting from my hotel in Girona, rather odd using a Spanish keyboard.

No, they are corsses with Muscovy ducks - IO saw them with my own eyes!

lorenzothellama said...

Maalie - have you ever seen an early bird?